Thursday, August 25, 2011

Requiem for a Dream.

Having nothing to do with anyone who fits that junkie sort of persona depicted in the movie (that's what its about by the way), I actually found this really interesting. My understanding of the movie was just a well enough produced tale of 4 addicts with their own problems, and how their dreams were shattered. I see how the title more or less fits, but it seems a little ominous (good thing).
 Knowing very little of this lifestyle as I said before, I can't say anything about the accuracy or style of the story. I just found it not quite fun, but intriguing to watch. It seemed like a documentary almost, but without a voiceover by a famous voice actor. More controlled by the characters. So it's a movie that had that feel to it.
  If any of that made any sense to you, congratulations, you now have an insight on how I think. In a way that makes no sense. Though I will say you should probably watch this if you live that lifestyle or not. It was eye opening in a sense that most other movies have not had for me.

14 comments:

  1. That's a cool review/insight, thanks for that. The life of a druggie is intriguing to me because it's so distant and strange. i will have to look into the movie. thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that film is amazing, watched it when i was 15.. big ups! followed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would you believe that I haven't seen it?
    But when somebody asks me irl if I've seen it, I say I have. :D -.-' :D
    Following and supporting, mate! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Makes me want to watch it again. I remember enjoying it as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. nobody seems to have watched it. i remember the commercials looked purdy cool when the came on the tele. i think im gonna stream it in a bit. sounds gewd:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. that's a good movie, the black man was who suffered all the consequences, and the bitch, really enjoyed the drug.

    nice post

    ReplyDelete
  7. All I know about that movie is the song. It's a really good song though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. love that film... followed your awesome bro

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved that movie and everything else the director has made since! Especially Black Swan!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I saw it just a couple days ago, really enjoyed it! The soundtrack to the movie is so awesome, and the scenes with the old lady was so insane!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a good movie. I love it. I just hate that everyone killed the theme music with the youtube videos.

    ReplyDelete